Last updated 15-10-2020
Please read this Privacy Notice. It relates to how we hold and process your information (data) and explains your rights.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information when you shop with us, browse our websites or contact us directly:
- your name.
- your postal address.
- your email address.
- your telephone numbers.
- your business information.
- a password - please keep this safe.
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, SMS text, post or telephone.
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
- information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- information when you write a review
- details of your purchases
- CCTV footage when you visit our premises
- Recorded phone calls
Why we need this information
When you place an order online, register for a account or via telephone, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. We also request your contact information and need your payment information when you shop offline with us through our Warehouse counter. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information.
You may also provide us with personal information via product questions online reviews, survey responses or social media
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS. You can update your marketing preferences anytime by login into your account and updating your marketing preferences.
If you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase.
Lawful basis for using your data
- The basis upon which we process your data when you request a quotation, make an enquiry or place an order is that this is necessary for us to do so for the purposes of the contract or in anticipation we may enter into a contract with you.
- The basis upon which we retain additional information about you when we deal with enquiries or sales over the telephone is that we consider this necessary in the legitimate interests of our business. Our business is built upon relationships developed over time with our customers and it is important to our business to retain this data to build and to continue such relationships.
- you agree to our using your contact details for marketing purposes then we will obtain your specific consent to do so.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We are share information with our sister company Omega Products: https://omegaproducts.co.uk/ and Trucut Tools https://trucuttools.co.uk/
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to fulfil orders, deliver packages, send postal mail, SMS text messages and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive or incorrect information), analyse data to help us develop, provide and improve our services, provide marketing assistance, process payments and refunds, carry out surveys, provide customer service and handle claims. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from third parties to supplement, improve and add to our databases of customer details, and for purposes such as credit checking and fraud prevention.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate data (such as aggregated statistics or other anonymised data) with third parties.
Where will your personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps and implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
These measures generally include either:
- Transferring personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; or
- Transferring personal information where the recipient has agreed to a European Commission approved data transfer agreement in the form of the standard contractual clauses.
- Occasionally, we may transfer your personal information in circumstances where there are no adequate safeguards where this is permitted by data protection law.
Please contact us using the details below if you want further information on the specific safeguards used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data.
- Correct any personal information that is inaccurate.
- Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data.
- Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data.
- Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty.
- Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts, or vouchers.
- Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you.
How to contact us?
To update your details or ask for a copy of your personal information:
- You can write to us at: Omega Products, 45 Cobham Road, Ferndown Industrial Estate, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7QZ.
- The Data Protection Officer can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to them at the address above.
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet cafe.
Updates to this notice
We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.